How to increase your motivation to workout!
Motivation and time are the biggest factors for not going to the gym. Individuals say they don’t have time to workout, or they simply struggle to get out the door when its cold, raining, or they had a long stressful day at work. In this blog I’m going to give you ten suggestions to teach you ways to motivate yourself to have great workouts and be more productive.
1. Ask a buddy who is in better shape then you if you can work out with them.
2. Ask a buddy who likes to workout but is in worse shape then you if they would like to workout with you.
3. Sleep in your workout clothing and go right to the gym first thing in the morning. (This should motivate you and workout clothing is super comfortable)
4. Hire a trainer to teach you proper form and give you exciting new workouts to do! (Bring your friend who’s in better shape or worse shape then you for a reduced personal cost.
5. Drink a cup of coffee or caffeinated pre workout!
6. Find a really good flavored protein powder and carbohydrate for post workout. Knowing you have a delicious treat post workout will motivate you to get that workout done! (Phormula-1 Loop D Fruit is my favorite. It tastes just like fruit loops.)
7. Pack your lunch, gym bag, office bag, and anything else you need for work the night before so you can either go to the gym first thing in the morning, over lunch, or after work if you miss the first two opportunities to go!
8. Book a weekend getaway somewhere warm where you know you will be in board shorts or a swimsuit. (Book it 4 months from todays date) If you have 10-20 pounds to lose this should motivate you!
9. Meditate for 10 minutes daily to clear you head. After the meditation think about what you really want to look like. Not what you think you can look like, but what you really would like to look like. Think about yourself not actors, actresses, or athletes. It is better to improve yourself than compare yourself to others.
10. Think of all the health benefits. Better health, improved immune system, bone density, muscle strength, endurance, increased libido, just to name a few.
I would suggest picking a few of these options and trying something new! Once motivated you can add a few of the other suggestions as needed. If you want some more suggestions or further clarification on any of the information provided don’t hesitate to reach out! Make it a great February!
*If you found this blog useful and have a like minded friend who would like the content provided on this website, please refer them to the website to subscribe to the blog.