20 Rules to Live a life of Perpetual Improvement
The one thing I find frustrating with self help books and motivational books is that you need to sift through so much information to find the good stuff. That is why I wrote my book Perpetual Improvement and why I decided to write this simple to follow list for implementation into your day to day life. I can guarantee that if you do some of these things you aren’t currently doing you will improve your life exponentially.
Getting dialed in and finding the path of progress will be the hardest part. That is why I complied this for you. The easy part is knowing what to do; the hard part will be actually doing it. That is where motivation and accountability comes to play.
That is where a good coach, workout partner or mentor comes in. I am a big believer in having no secrets which is why I give my clients as many tools possible within the first three months of working with me. Fitness is just one component which is why it is best to Perpetually Improve all aspects of your life little by little.
Fitness and Muscle is built through tearing down and rebuilding muscle and working your heart and circulatory system.
Wealth is built through investing, reinvesting and setting monthly targets.
Health and Nutrition is built through consistent good choices.
Relationships stay strong through having tough conversations and listening.
Success comes over time little by little.
Happiness is a daily choice which must be nourished.
Here is the list:
- Walk 8k steps per day or more.
- Lift weights minimum 2 days per week covering all muscle groups.
- Eat 5 colors or fruits and vegetables daily.
- Sleep 7-9 hours of restful sleep. If you snore get a sleep study done.
- Drink 1 gallon or clean filtered water daily.
- Shower daily, brush your teeth 2x per day and choose your soaps consciously.
- Stretch for thirty minutes 2-3 days per week.
- Invest 10-20% of your income in diversified stocks.
- Save 5-10% of your income for an emergency.
- Create a network of positive and motivated people to surround yourself with.
- Try and look on the bright side when things aren’t going perfectly.
- Find something or things you are passionate about and work your butt off to create solid income doing those passions!
- Minimize stress through massage, meditation, reiki or anything that you can.
- Read 10 pages of a book daily.
- Avoid the NEWS and SOCIAL MEDIA DRAMA like the plague.
- Supplement with liquid Vitamin D, Fish Oil & Greens (Unless your diet is perfect and you get 15 minutes of sun exposure daily)
- Practice delayed gratification. Think (Do I really need this)
- Sleep on big decisions before making them. (Purchases, Career Changes, Tough Conversations)
- Take 5 breaths before responding if you are angry or walk away.
- Work your ass off to get better everyday.
Print this out, put it on your refrigerator and get to work! This works for anyone and everyone could use a constant reminder! Get after it and never stop striving for a life of Perpetual Improvement!
Onward and upward always!